|At the end of my 13 mile training run; I live close to the W&OD trail in Virginia, so it's a popular location for my runs|
When I get off track with the training plan, it usually happens on a weekday. Part of my problem, I believe, is that I’m not a morning person and I don’t like to get up early enough to train before work. That means I need to fit in the runs or other workouts after work. This can be challenging for various reasons:
- I may work late and then it’s difficult to find time to work out at night.
- Sometimes I’m just tired by evening due to a stressful day or lack of sleep.
- Other things pop up on the calendar such as social events with friends; I don’t want to say no to all of them and alienate my social circle.
- Especially in the winter, it can be cold and dark in the evening, making it less appealing to go for an outdoor run.
- I may have errands or household chores to take care of.
- I’m trying to cook more homemade meals, and I prefer to get the cooking and eating done before it gets too late. I’m not sure that a 10 PM dinner time is a good idea for several reasons.
Question: Are you an AM or PM runner/exerciser? Why?