|January: My first marathon of the year and also my Marathon Globetrotters qualifying race: Marathon Bahamas|
Here's how my year of running looked in 2015:
- I qualified for the Marathon Globetrotters at the Marathon Bahamas in January.
- I ran marathons in my 49th and 50th US states, finishing my 50 states goal in May at the Newport Marathon in Oregon.
- I ran marathons in three new countries: Bahamas, Germany and Jersey.
- I completed my second World Marathon Major (Berlin Marathon).
- I was a pacer for the first time (at Georgia Half Marathon).
- I ran a total of 7 marathons.
- I ran a total of 7 half marathons.
- I ran a total of 7 shorter races ranging from 5K to 17.75K.
- I ran one marathon relay, though the race was called for weather and my teammates didn't get to start their legs.
- I kept my blog current and also wrote several "throwback" race reports from 2013, when I was blogging less.
- I was elected as the second Director of Publicity for the Marathon Globetrotters in October.
- I did not PR in the marathon. I didn't even come close. I didn't train hard enough to meet that goal.
- I did not start every race for which I was registered.
- I did not finish the full distance of every marathon in which I was registered, dropping from the marathon to the half in a couple cases.
|October: Marine Corps Marathon, my last of the year|